Boozy brunching

20.5.16

A Second Serving reviews a boozy brunch at the South Place Hotel, Liverpool Street... 

The South Place Hotel is a modern, upscale hotel and restaurant just minutes from London Liverpool Street station. For brunch they offer a set menu – two courses for £22.50 or three for £27.50 - and you can get unlimited drinks (Prosecco, Bellini or Mimosa) for an extra £15 when you dine with two courses. The decor is cool and classy and there's a jazz band playing right next to you, which creates a fun filled atmosphere.
 

Copyright: The South Place Hotel

Why go? 

This would be the perfect place to go if you're looking for a lively brunch with friends. I went with eight mates and we had a great time. Menu wise, there was a good selection of dishes, from traditional breakfast (eggs benedict) to lunch (fish and chips). I went for the chorizo sausage and fried duck egg on toast to start. It was surprisingly filling and the chorizo really lifted the dish. For my main I had the Croque Madame, York ham, fried egg, Montgomery Cheddar, bechamel and chips. This was delicious too (god knows how many calories!) but I realised afterwards that I'd probably gone for something too similar to my starter. Duh! My friend who had the sausage and mash said it was delish... so I might have to go back for that. Drinks wise, the staff were polite and attentive and good at topping up your glass, too good in fact as I had eight or nine glasses (yes, I lost count).

Copyright: The South Place Hotel

Downsides?

If you're a bit of a boozer like me and want to get the most of your drinks in the two-hour window then stick to the Prosecco as the waiter will top up your glass quicker!


Location? 

South Place Hotel, 3 South Place, London, EC2M 2AF.

No comments:

Post a Comment