A place to impress

28.4.16

A Second Serving reviews Plum + Spilt Milk, Kings Cross...

My first thought upon entering the main room at Plum + Spilt Milk was 'oooh fancy.' The interior of the restaurant, which is located inside the Great Northern Hotel overlooking King's Cross square, certainly has the wow factor. Of course, that may have something to do with the 150 hand blown glass lamps that are suspended from the ceiling! Saying that, they really do create an atmosphere of luxury. Fortunately, the food turned out to be pretty damn impressive too. 

Why go?

The Plum + Spilt Milk is a beautiful and decadent restaurant celebrating everything British. To start, I went for the cream soaked haddock, poached hen's egg and hollandaise. This turned out to be a fabulous choice. Words cannot describe the explosion of fishy flavours in my mouth. For my main I opted for a veal chop with sage butter and a side of beef dripping chips. I didn't think I'd need the chips but I somehow couldn't stop picking at them. Thick, crispy and oh so greasy, I could have tucked into them all... day... long. Somehow, I managed to leave a little room for the chocolate and honeycomb mousse which was a sweet gooey mess of pure heaven. 


Gone in seconds!

Downsides?

If you're looking for a cheap eat then this isn't the place for you - the main dishes cost from £21-£32 but they're very good.

Value for money?

Ignore the above and treat yourself! If not, find an excuse for a special occasion and go book.

Location?

Great Northern Hotel - King's Cross St Pancras Station, Greater London, N1C 4TB

No comments:

Post a Comment