Feeling fancy? Head to Holborn Dining Room!

7.6.16

A Second Serving reviews The Rosewood Hotel's Holborn Dining Room in central London...

Set within the lavish Rosewood Hotel is Holborn Dining Room, a bustling brasserie which serves up seasonal, locally sourced British cuisine in a vibrant and impressive dining salon. The interior is simply stunning... all reclaimed oak, antique mirrors and red leather booths, and this creates a real feeling of class and sophistication. Not only that, the Gin Bar also offers London's largest collection of gin (hell yes!) in fact they have over 400 different gins and 27 tonics. Hiccup!

Copyright: Holborn Dining Room

Why go?

If you're keen to impress someone or fancy splashing out (but hate anywhere too pretentious), then make a reservation at the Rosewood. I took my boyfriend as a treat for his birthday and we had a fab time, in fact I enjoyed it so much I didn't even resent paying... which is a rarity! I thought I'd start off semi healthy by going for the chicken salad with avocado and smoked bacon, but this wasn't any old salad, oh no. It was essentially a whole lettuce, which when you pulled open was filled with layers of creamy chicken. The portion was huge but incredibly delicious so of course I ate it all. My boyfriend went for the fried squid which I had a little taste of and this was bloody lovely - salty, sweet, crispy and just the right amount of chewy, although he said the relish was perhaps a little too tangy for his liking. For our main my other half opted for the BBQ pork belly with creamed sweetcorn, fennel and apple salad, which seemed to go down a treat. I decided to go for the pot roast lamb breast with celeriac remoulade and green sauce because I'm a massive lamb fan so hoped Holborn Dining Room would impress. And boy it did, that meat was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I had two sizeable circles of lamb which was beautifully tender and seasoned to perfection. I literally couldn't stop going on about it afterwards, and if I go back I think I'll probably have to have the same dish again! We also both shared a side of creamed mash potato and carrots (£4 each). When it was time for dessert I was pretty stuffed so let my boyfriend choose the chocolate mousse with malted ice-cream and honeycomb. I managed to try a few scoops and it was just as rich, gooey and crunchy as I'd hoped. All in all, a fantastic evening of food.

The pork belly main



....and the lamb I couldn't get enough of

Downsides?

For food, service and surroundings this fancy I was more than happy to pay what I did (around £110 for two with a tip), but this would feel a lot for just a normal meal out... so save Holborn Dining Room for a special occasion, then go all out!

Happy faces to finish!

Location?

252 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7EN

No comments:

Post a Comment