The Royal Albert Hall!

28.7.16

A Second Serving reviews Coda restaurant in the Royal Albert Hall, South Kensington... 

Coda, the concert hall's upscale dining spot, offers a menu of seasonal and modern British cuisine. Inside the grey and mauve-coloured restaurant there are huge Swarovski crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and large, open windows. With seating for 65 guests, Coda really maximizes the unique views of the Prince Albert Memorial in Kensington Gardens. Guests to the Hall can go to Coda two hours ahead of shows and return to their tables during intervals to continue to enjoy drinks and desserts. Although the staff have to work to a really tight schedule (everyone needs to be served in time for the performance that day), service is still very impressive. 

 Why go?

If you're off to a performance at the Royal Albert Hall then you really should give this place a visit beforehand. They offer a two course menu for £35, or three course for £40 and both include a glass of sparkling wine - fantastic value considering the quality of food on offer. To start, I went for the tuna tartare with spiced avocado, soy and yuzu and this was fresh and full of flavour. I continued the fishy theme in my main as I had the roast Cornish cod, which came with Austell muscles, buttered leeks and sea vegetables. It was gooey, garlicy and beautifully presented. I couldn't fault the service either - our waiter, Gianpier, recommended dishes without coming across as pompous or overbearing. For dessert I had the mango and passionate fruit cheesecake (if there's fruit in it, there's no calories... right?!) which came with crunchy oat cookies and a super smooth coconut ice-cream. I genuinely couldn't fault it. Even though I was stuffed, I couldn't help but feel jealous of my boyfriends lemon and red fruit tart with toasted meringue and raspberry sorbet - I may also have stuck a sneaky fork in!

 

Downsides?

It was a hot day so which meant it was a little on the warm side as the windows are sealed shut.

Location?

Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AP.

No comments:

Post a Comment